For some reason summer is the season that I can best take care of my skin, my skin type is Combination/ Oily at the T-Zone, I tend to find products that work at the summer time. Two months ago I started a new routine that has been working perfectly, no “cons”, “not reallys”, “Unfortunatelys” are going to be applied to these products; I must confess that right now I have the best skin of my entire life. What people don’t know is, despite of all the great products you use there are also other facts that contribute for a great skin: what you drink and eat. Your intake has as much importance as any beauty product you use, an even though I am going to talk about the products pictured above, I just want to remind I didn’t achieve my goal as result of cosmetics itself. Drinking lots of water and eating healthy foods are part of the job, too. Actually, every healthy habit will led you to your healthiest self, and it’ll be shown right in the mirror when you look at your skin.
I am flattered by compliments like “Your skin is amazing” “I want to have a skin like this” or questions like “What do you use?” or “What do you do” “You must spend lotta money to have a skin like this, right?” , guess what? I froze. Most of the times I don’t know what to answer because I don’t use only one product, sometimes I am only on an experimental phase and I don’t want to suggest anyone something I am not sure if it truly works.
Well, something that you should keep in mind: Skins are differents! Like bodies, like minds like everyone. Personally, my skin is already blemish-free, rarely breaks out, I don’t have many pimples, but I have many bad habits like drinking alcohol and smoking, because of that I have a daily skin care that helps me get rid of all the impurities.
1. Organic Coconut Oil – My life has changed completely since I began to use coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the most powerful organic products you could ever have, there are a variety of uses for this oil but my favorite is on my skin. I have been using coconut oil 8 months now, everyday; I don’t regret a minute. After shower, or right after I wash my face I moisturize my skin with coconut oil, your skin is going to show silkiness immediately but for best results use everyday for 15 days.
2. Vegetable Glycerin – This was a choice I didn’t know would have much impact, guess what? It did. Vegetable glycerin is thick (Viscous) and sweet which becomes sticky when in touch with skin, so I decided to use it only poolside or at the beach that I could rinse it right after, or whenever I wanted. I started using it 2 months ago, what would you expect from a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, you can also use as sunscreen, for dry skin, treats wrinkles, scar removal, skin lighting, and cures oily skin. I started using it because I had some sort of irritation on my legs, I was always scratching, the bubbles were very red, I started bleeding, then I was scaring, after using Vegetable glycerin I noticed reduction on the size of the bubbles about 4 hours later, I WAS REALLY SURPRISED. I had it for 2 days and seemed like anything was working, after 3 days my skin was luxurious, radiant, smooth, silky and healthy. The combination of this and the coconut oil is one of the best discoveries of my entire life, it definitely changed my life for the better.
3. Cetaphil Facial Cleanser – Another wonderful discovery, this is a cleanser that can effectively remove all the excess with a soft clog. it does not irritate your skin and surely leaves it moisturized, smooth and soft. What I like the most about this product is the fact that the skin is going to be completely residue-free, there will be no residue clogging your pores. Since is summer I tend to absorb more impurities and dust. It also does a pretty good job removing and the makeup and oils and creams that I have on my face; perfect for extra makeup removal. Consequently, during the night the skin breaths out more becoming healthier.
4. Organic Argan Oil Exfoliating Scrub – Want be healthy? Inside and Out? Scrub! Scrubbing are often underrated but for me is one of the most effective yet very simple way to achieve the perfect skin. I scrub my skin 2-3 times a week and I’ve been doing this for 2 years, I don’t really care about the brand, and there are a lot of great body scrubs out there but this scrub is from the brand Asquith & Somerset Toiletry Co. it is wonderful,I feel good about this, not only on the outside but inside of me too. It does help with blood circulation and nerve relaxation. Eliminates scars, dead skin, skin becomes healthier and softer. Use coconut oil right after for extra moisture or let the argan oil do the job itself.
5. Johnson’s Baby Oil Body Wash – This one seem odd for Healthy Summer Skin guideline but no it’s not! Baby products have the most gentle formula ever, they are pretty harmless to the skin this cleanser helps protect skin against dryness and provides a clean, soft feeling all over when used every day. Even though this is a baby product it works great for adults too, very much recommended to adults with dry skin. I love how it not only moisturizes skin but how it cleans very well and the scent it leaves afterwards is heavenly.
6. Now Foods Shea Butter – Another product for extra moisture, highly recommend to be used on winter but I wanted to give it a try this time. Even though my skin has been smooth there’s something I love a lot: GLOW! I like to glow all over my body, thats exactly what extra moisture gives, too. Additionaly, Shea butter is a superb moisturizer the type of moisturizer that goes skin deep; started using after liposuction in order to heal better. I was looking for oils and creams I could use to massage the “liposuced” areas and this one had the best reviews about healing wounds, scars, and itching skin which is exactly what I needed.
- All the mentioned products are available online
- Also available at stores at supermakets like Whole Foods Market, Walmart, etc
- For all types of skin
- Most of them are organic/natural/no chemicals (They are 1, 2, 4, 6)
- Recommened for all seasons
- All completely inexpensive
Thanks for reading,